My casting company is located in Auckland, New Zealand.
I graduated from Victoria University, Wellington, with a double major in English Literature and Film and Drama Studies. At Victoria University I was selected for the Theatre studies programme which included both actor training and script analysis and then third year theatre direction.
I began my film career in London working as a producer’s assistant to Paul Bradley at Merchant Ivory Films and then Lyn Goleby at Moonlight Films.
I have a passion for Film, TV and the performing arts and have written and directed four short films in between my real job as a casting director.
- From Where I’m Standing – won Best Script, Best Director and shared Best Film prize at the Drifting Clouds Film Festival
- From Where I’m Standing – was selected as one of only 13 short films worldwide for Official Competition at the world’s oldest film festival, the Venice International Film Festival It has also screened at seven other international film competitions and festivals.
- Circle of Women – experimental film
- The Road Back – was selected for several film festivals including the International Festival of New Film and Video in Split, Croatia and Mill Valley in the US
- Black Bitch – is an exploration of my Maori (Ngai Tahu)/Slavic heritage and has been selected to screen at the NZ International Film Festival and at the Creteil Film de Femmes Festival in Paris. It has also screened as part of SBS TV Australia’s ‘Eat Carpet’ broadcast series